Go Green!

St. Patrick's day is looming right around the corner and we all know what that means, we need to figure out how to rock something green. Working green into your wardrobe in honor of this festive day can seem daunting but I promise its not. One of my favorite ways to sport green is on my nails or my eyes...
 My all time favorite way to incorporate green into my wardrobe is by making a green tie dye shirt. This is probably my favorite for two reasons 1. You get to be creative and make a mess. 2. I can do it with the whole family. My kids love tie dye. The best thing about tie dye is that it is so easy to do and you can't do it wrong. All you need are a few supplies.

Supplies:
1. White cotton shirts.
2. Rubber bands.
3. Dye bottles or condiment bottles.
4. A bucket (if you are planning on using a dye bath)
5. Dye (for our St. Paddy's shirts we used an emerald green and a yellow)

Once you have you supplies you need to decide what type of pattern you want for you tie dye.  Once you know the pattern you want just start banding your shirt/shirts. I personally like a more haphazard pattern so I just put rubber bands all over without any rhyme or reason. 
Once your shirts are banded your are ready to dye. I wanted my kids to be able to participate so I used dye bottles and a liquid dye. I poured a little green dye into the bottles and filled the rest of the bottle with tap water. Next, I gave each of my kids a bottle and a shirt and let them dye until their little hearts were content (or they used all their dye, whichever came first).





Once, the shirts were dyed with the green, I tossed all the shirts into a dye bath. The dye bath was yellow, which mixed well with the emerald green and filled in any white spaces with a more vibrant green. I let the shirts sit in the dye bath for about 15 minutes before tossing them into the wash.

After the shirts were washed I removed the bands revealing our beautiful, green masterpieces. I really do love our end results and the kiddos have something fun and festive to wear. 





I would recommend wearing gloves because the dye will stain. I neglected to do so and now have festive hands. Also, do not trust your husband with the dye, I now have festive legs thanks to mine.


I hope everyone has fun this St. Patrick's Day, and remember to Rock your Green!