Keep Dancing!

Hey Y'all! I hope everyone has had a great week! It sure has been a long week for me! This time of year gets a little tough in my world, things at work are super busy, plus I start to get a little cabin
fever (the cold weather and I aren't friends) and overall life just gets to me a little.
While I would never wish I cloudy day on a single soul, I do know we all have those days...weeks...months...even years (though I certainly hope not!). So, please, allow me to share with you what I find helps lead me back to the sunshine!

Have a chat with your “person”. Who is this “person” you ask? Well, for me, my “person” is that friend that has seen me at my absolute worst! Like, haven't showered in a week, hair such a mess that you think it would be easier to just shave it off and start all over kind of worst (I mean this both literally and as an emotional metaphor) Yet, she still chooses not to judge me. Partly because she is a rare and amazing human but mostly because the train(wreck) runs both ways! This is the same friend that will ALWAYS tell the truth. Though it isn't always easy, someone has to be willing to say “that part of the 80's is NOT making a comeback” and “you absolutely CANNOT name your child after an inanimate object no matter how ingenious you may think it is right now”. On the flip side, this same friend is also my biggest cheerleader, (short skirt and pom poms included) the one person who will keep encouraging me to push the limits, the person who is always in my corner Okay, have you figured out who your “person” is now? Great! Now, repeat after me “Okay Google. Call (insert “person”'s name here).” or “Siri, call (insert “person”'s name here). Android and Iphone respectively, of course!
Take a hot bath! To me, there is NOTHING better on a cold night, after a long day, than a hot bubble bath! I grab a book and my drink of choice (tea, coffee, wine) and lock the door behind me because it is time for an adult time out! I have heard that hot baths have a lot of benefits, both mentally and physically, making it a WIN WIN! You get a break and all your anxiety washes right down the drain!

Do something just for YOU! I often feel guilty for indulging in something that is just for me. I am constantly worried about taking care of everyone else and making sure they are happy while only forgetting about myself. I find myself always trying to justify my purchases, assuring myself that they are things that I NEED. Well, I am working on realizing that it is okay, every once in a while, to buy something just because I want it. Occasionally, it should be ALL ABOUT ME! I work hard and deserve to treat myself to something nice! So, schedule a pedicure, buy some new shoes, have a night on the town, just remember to take the time to do what makes you HAPPY!

Keep Dancing! The most important thing I have to do when life is kicking my butt is to fight back!

When others try to get your tutu into a twist....Just twirl around and keep dancing” - Jane Lee Logan

I read that quote earlier and I was reminded that things happen to us all, but how we choose to face those things is what sets us apart. We can't let life knock us down!


What do y'all say? Shall we dance?