All in flavor of Aldi...

Everyone is a fan of saving money, right? I mean, with the price of milk nearing $5 a gallon we are forced to cut corners somewhere! Unfortunately, in most cases, when corners are cut, so is quality. Sacrificing quality ingredients leads to mediocre tasting food which takes away the excitement of eating a meal which depletes our love of cooking and leads to...take out! So now, we really aren't saving money!
Well, what if I told you I was gonna let you in on a little secret that has saved me money and IMPROVED dinnertime at my house?!
Let's go back to when I was in my early twenties and living with a roommate, so sick of Ramen and trying to figure out this whole adult thing. Are ya there? Okay. Well this new grocery store was being built in town and one afternoon we decided to check it out. Well, we hit roadblock #1 before we even made it in the front door! This place requires a quarter to use a buggy! So, now I'm wondering how I'm gonna save money if I have to spend some before I even get inside! (SIDENOTE: Later I learn that you get your quarter back as long as you properly return your buggy to it's home) Of course being typical 20 somethings we had NO change, so we carried on without a buggy. Once we are about halfway down the first isle we hit roadblock #2. We can't find ANYTHING we recognize! When you can't find "The Blue Box" (Its the cheesiest!) And your Honey Bunches of Oats are Honey Bunches of Nopes....you just quickly head for the nearest exit!
Needless to say, it was a while before I gave Aldi another shot, but now I LOVE IT! Like, seriously, I tell random strangers about how wonderful this place is because not only do I save money, the quality is incredible! (click here to learn about their double guarantee on their exclusive brands!)
I realize how scary it is steering away from national brands of foods, especially if you are dealing with a picky eater! (I raise my hand high on this one, I am SOO weird about foods.) So, I'm gonna share my insights with y'all on the ins and outs of Aldi (including recipes using some of my favorite things from there)!

This first recipe is something I threw together using staples I keep on hand!

Ingredients:
Fried Chicken Nuggets (recipe to come)
1 box Reggano (Aldi) penne pasta (or noodle of your choice)
2 Jars of Reggano (Aldi) pasta sauce
Stonemill (Aldi) crushed red pepper flakes
Stonemill (Aldi) garlic powder
Stonemill (Aldi) Italian seasoning
2cups Friendly Farms (Aldi) Mozzarella

Directions:
Prepare pasta as directed. While pasta is cooking pour pasta sauce into saucepan to heat. Add in crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to your families tastes. Mix into sauce. Drain pasta and pour half into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Layer in chicken and sauce until gone. Cover the top in mozzarella. Bake in oven until cheese is thoroughly melted. Serve with Aldi garlic cheese sticks for a delicious treat!

I hope y'all will join me for more Aldi cooking adventures! See ya soon!